Friday, October 27, 2006

So its been forever...

So its been forever but what can I do?! I am in London and working 40 hours a week...

So I finished all my classes and have started a job but between the 2 a lot happened ... Now, for the whirlwind update (PS. you have to imagine me saying this VERY quickly without pausing even to breath, like I do sometimes when I am excited):

After classes ended, all the people from the summer term, except my roomie and I, went home. We were pathetically bored with ourselves but we got through it alive. Haha
Hector came to visit me and we went to Barcelona together - it was AMAZING! We stayed with Tia Pepita and that was great until, like, the last day(which was my birthday) but its ok, I think we left on a good note.
We then proceeded to spend hours in the airport, again this is my birthday, doing absolutly Nooothing!
But when I finally did get home I found a cake that Lora had made me for my b-day but she was sleeping so I didnt get sung to :-( First time ever . SO now i am 20 but it doesnt feel any different, but then again I guess it never really does.
Im not allowed to have overnight guests so we tried to stay out ll night but we ended up going back and trying to hang out in the lobby but i got written up, so we ened up just going to my room and sleeping there. I figure I cant get written up 2x in one night.
The next day, Hector was supposed to catch a plane home but missed it had to pay mad $ to take the plane the next day. I had an interview for a job, so I had to leave him alone in London for a few hours and the we met up by big ben. He couldnt find a Hostel so we snuck him into my room and just slept early and woke up early to catch the plane. He went home and I cried.
After that, I spent all my time searching and searching for a job and interviewing up the wazoo.
I went to Amsterdam, too. Lora was supposed to come too but on the way to the airport she fainted and like couldnt breath and stuff. So we got off the tube and got an ambulance for her. She went to the hospital and I went to Amsterdam. I got in at like 11:30 b/c of heavy delays and by the time I got to the campsite, yes we were camping, it was like 12:30-1-ish. I met up with John who had pitched the tent and all I wanted to do was sleep. But he wanted to go to a coffeeshop so we walked for like an hour trying to find one, but they were all closed. UGH. So we got back to the site and I went to go to sleep but the tent was pitched ALL WRONG. There was no Bottem!! I was like what happened? And he was like, oh well, its just the type of tent it is. I was like ugh noooo your just an idiot. And then since i was exaused and it was pitch dark, i just went to sleep with my blanket and a tarp.
The next morning.. err, afternoon I woke up and fixed the tent - yes he was wrong, I pitch my part correctly and it had a bottom and even its own little zipper and window. Yea, Im awesome :-). Then we went to explore. We rented bikes cycled all over the city, along the canals and even ended up in Amstel (an entirely different town), we ate, drank, danced, went to the red light district (where I freaked out and demanded to leave). Then we went to a bunch of different coffeeshops and then back to the campsite. I slept like a baby. The next day we got up and took down the tent and carried our luggage around with us, as we did the last minute sights of Amsterdam including Anne Franks house, the flower market, and the hemp museaum. It was awesome.
When I got back to london it was all about landing the job for good. Not too long after that I did. I started the second week of October, just in time for the Co-op office not to require anything extra from me, and to get coop credit. Yay!
Since then I've been working 40 hours a week and just chilling when i get home.
Last weekend tho, I went to Ministry of Sound for a Gatecrashers event/Trance night. We got in for free with VIP wristbands, Courtesy of this guy Matt. IT was AMAZIIIING!
More work. Not really anything else except for some Drama with the bank. An ATM ate my bank card so they are in the process of FED-EX-ing me a new one Shouldnt take long but in the mean time I am COMPLETELY broke - Not fun. The ironic part is that i have 2 fairly large checks that I'd liek to deposit/cash but since I dont have an English account I cant and since I dont have proof of address because I dont pay utilitites since I am in UNI-housing I cant open on. SO i have to post the checks home which I really dont feel comfortable doing but I guess that like the only option and then have my mom deposit them and send my the Card. Annoying but kind of my only option :-/.
Anyway that kind of brings you up to date.

Sorry it was a really long post but its been a while and I lead quite an exciting life (yeah, right :-P)

Out like a light!
xox

Marilys

No comments: