Sunday, June 25, 2006

London Report!

Hey everyone!

I'm finally here in London and all settled in. My flight went well, the first part of it was really sad; my boyfriend, mom, and sister took me to the airport and saying goodbye to them was really hard. I still cant believe I am not going to see them for 6 MONTHS!
But then I realized Im going to be in LONDON!!!

I am Loving it here, its really awesome. I am in a really posh area of the city - South Kensington riiight by Hyde park if you know the city at all. And if you don't it is like living waaaay up-town in NY like Madison Ave or 5th Ave - Very ritzy and expensive. The cars are awesome though, Porche's, ferarri's and Merc's everywhere and I have seen 2 Lotus' already. Whew, they are awesome (I love cars if you couldnt tell).

The city is awesome but it is also too expensive, everything is like double the price it is in the states. L1= $2 and something that would cost $5 in the states would be like L5 here in London. Its Nuts! And Some stuff is even more than that, for example a SMALL bottle of water, say Avion or a brand name like that, which could cost about $1-2 costs like L3 (which is like $6).Crazyness! I dont know how I am going to afford to live here for 6 months - but I will be working so hopefully I'll be making good money! Woot Money hahaha.

So once I got settled in and got my class schedule and all the important but boring paperwork stuff done I had the weekend to myself to explore my new surroundings. Friday night a bunch of people and I went to Piccadilly Circus an area comparible to times square, only a bit smaller and went to a club there and danced all night - that was fun. Sat I woke up later in the day around 12 and went to Oxford Circus and explored all the shopping areas and popular stores such as Topshop, H&M, and TG Mexx. I got to know the Tube/ Underground REALLY well. P.S. I think I saw Elizabeth Hurley wearing a red button down dress with tiny white polkadots with a red headband and a white belt. It could have been a really good look alike because she was a little shorter than I thought she would be but it could have been her! Then Sat night, I just walked around my area with a few people. It was good to get to know the area. Today (Sunday) I woke up and went to Camden Market. There was a lot of clothes for sale and they were mostly Punk, gothish and ligerie and it was more expensive than I expected it to be and definately more that I can afford to spend. But I did get a bag, and a pair of thai fisherman pants (that I still have to figure out how to wear) for L5 each. I also got lunch which consisted of a fried plantain and a fried dough pattie with veggies in it, each 50p so it was L1 ($2) it was good. Then when I got back it was like 4:00, I took a short nap, went to the Bar across the street to watch the footbal game (England Won, yay!) and then took another short nap, ate dinner showered and am going to bed soon.

Tomorrow is my 1st day of classes... I am not sure how thats going to be. I am in class ALL DAY from 9:00 til 5:30 with a half hour break -- that might be hell. I will report back and let you know.

Ok well I am tired and have to wake up tomorrow so Im out!

Peace, love and hair grease.


Lys

No comments: