Wednesday, June 28, 2006

tales in London!

So, the last few days have been interesting!

Yesterday, my roommate left to go to Prague and will be gone until Sat night or Sunday morning. Awesome for her!
When I woke up I did a job search for my co-op/internship online. It looks like I will be working in the Social Work sector here in London. There are a lot of jobs available, but first I need to get my C.V. prepared. A C.V. is a
Curriculum vitae or the course of ones life, in this case professional life. So in other words a C.V. is a resume and cover letter.

Then a lot of the Drexel FIE people and I went to go see stomp ( we were given free tickets from FIE). It was A W E S O M E! I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend it to almost anyone.

After that we decided to go out for Aurila's birthday (sorry if I spelled that wrong :-/). So we went to TGI Fridays and got a MASSIVE drink and chocolate cake for her. They made her stand on top or the counter and got the ENTIRE restaurant to sing happy birthday to her it was incredible. The we went to this place called "the sports bar" it was totally American style which was great because there was dancing, and reaaaally cheap food and drink (L1 as opposed to 3 all the rest of the pubs around) sweet deal. So we danced, and had a drink and then danced some more. And we had a great time.

Around 2:30 we started to leave got everyone together and went to the bus stop. Since the underground tube closes at 12 we have to take the Night bus 9 back to our flats (hehe). But when we tried to get on the bus driver told us that we couldnt because we are supposed to get tickets before boarding. Now 3 things are wrong with this!
1) we have taken the night bus before and never did we have to have a ticket- we usually just paid with cash/coins.
2) The ticket machine at the stop was broken sooo we couldnt have gotten tickets if we wanted to.
And 3) If we had had our oyster passes upon arrival from FIE like AAAAALL the other universities here, we wouldnt have had any problems.

So we were upset walking home FROM PICCADILLY circus! NOT A GOOD IDEA. The walk took us like and hour and 45 minutes and when we were only like 6/7 blocks away we saw the 9 again and decided to get on because we werent sure we were going in the right direction and how much further we were. We got off at the next stop. What a waste. I curled up in bed and fell asleep like a baby.

When I woke up this morning, I spoke to my Uncle Lou. He and 3 of my cousins are here in London for a little while, then they are going to hit up Madrid and then Barcelona. And they want me to go with them! Woot that would be very kewl well have to see because I dooo have class.

A little later Neha and I went to STA travel and booked our 1st trip; we are going to Whales. Only L99 for 2 days 1 night, transport there and back and 2 meals. It was a heck of a deal and we couldnt pass it up. A little later, we got together and looked into a trip to Prague, that is going to be awesome and we will probably book that before the end of the week as well.
So soon you'll be reading about my travels. Good times!

Then showered and got dressed and all ready to go to dinner with my uncle. I took the tube down there and met up with in in Bayswater. Nice area that I had yet to explore. It looks like that is a good place to hit up a few affordable retail shops. We ended up going out to a great Thai place. Delish. Aaaand I accidently took home all the leftovers... but they are mine now hahah. (Lunh and dinner the next few days). We also made plans to meet up for a picnic lunch in the park tomorrow by the Alber statue before I have to go to class. Yay for family!

I got back a little while ago and spoke to my mom, sister and James on the phone a bit and told them all my tales. How i miss them but how I am having a great time tooo.

Now I am listening to classical music and have to read 2 newspaper articles for my British culture and media class tomorrow. Whew. I am definately going to need a cup of coffee when i wake tomorrow to beable to function. I dotn know what it is but I am just not tired yet. I guess my body isnt fully used to the time change... I have to get used to it pretty quick or ill be falling asleep during my classes! NOT GOOD!

Ok well im off to do my work.

Luv ya!

Marilys ~ Lys

No comments: