Sunday, July 31, 2005

Me: a butterfly (soon)

Not too long ago, I created my cocoon.
But before that I was a lowly caterpiller: eating a lot, mosying around, not really knowing what I wanted to become, or where I was really headed. When the time came, I was forced to think about it and decide. That is when I was on my own and practically cut off from any influential force so that I can decide for myself and not let others do it for me.
Since then i have decided where and how I want to end up, what type of person I want to be, and who I want around me. So I am in my cocoon, undergoing metamorphasis. Although this process has been underway for a short while now, the true transformation has just begun. All this time i had been brainstorming, but now that I know the answers, I am able to floow thru and find what I want. Granted, some of the harder questions, I fear, will not be answered until I emerge a new person - a better person. Until then, I am focusing on what I do know.
I know who I want to be : A strong, unique, independent, caring, happy, successful woman.
I know where I want to end up: In NY, working doing sometihng I love, not having to worry about money, with a man that I love and that loves me, with a family of my own, and my extended family close both physically and emotionally.
I know who i want around me: Other strong, independent, upbeat, funny, and interesting people that are there for me no matter what. (Alex, my mom, my sister, Mike)
I dont know how I am going to get there. The exact path is one that I plan on enjoying yet it is unknown. I am sure that however I travel to get where I want to be, I will enjoy the trip because the fun isnt ending up where you are going; it is the great journey surrounded by those you love.
I dont know who is going to support me througout my journey. We'll see.

expression is a beautiful thing.
Metamorphisis is a necessary part of life.

<3 Marilys

No comments: