Tuesday, July 02, 2013

A new blog (sort of)

So I'm a terrible blogger, it's been a year and a half since I've posted. It's because things have been crazy! 

Here's a list of my life, in chronological order: 

got a job a Drexel
decided to pursue a masters in education
bought a house 
found a wonderful man 
quit my Drexel job
started student teaching
completed my Masters degree 
substitute taught for the rest of the year
AND... I got engaged! 

And now I'm planning my wedding! And that's what I'm going to focus on in my blog. I don't know if anyone actually reads this but if so, I'd love feedback, ideas and suggestions. I want opinions and feedback and just somewhere to keep all my ideas and progress. 

So here's what we have so far: 

- May 16, 2015 ( I know it's a while away, but we need to save and 
- colors: Grey, Yellow and blue
- Ceremony on the beach
- Brunch reception (think waffle/omelette station, pasta bar, Benedicts, bloody mary's and mimosas) 
- About 100 people on the guest list
- We are going to use pinwheels as bouquets and boutineers  
- I also think I am going to use a combination of pinwheels, paper flowers, and pomanders for centerpieces in blue glass bottles and vases that we collect over the next 18 months  (looks like I'll be drinking a lot of Riesling!) 
- I want the favors to double as seating cards/assignments. I'm thinking of mini honey or jam and a homemade biscuit or muffin. 
- We want a game table since we love them, just in case people don't want to dance. 
-  I also want to have a basket with pashminas (in case it's cold) and Sunglasses (in case it's sunny) if it's in the budget. 



No comments: