Friday, July 21, 2006

So sorry it has been forever since i have posted! I have been so busy.

So I will start with last weekend: I went to Barcelona!

I went to visit family and it was soo amazing. I got real home-cooking for the first time in a month and it was delish. We had arroz con candules (rice and beans, for all you non-spanish folks), fish, and bread with tomato and oil (my tias speciality). Yum!

So the city is absolutly, the most gorgous place I've ever been. I have been there 2 times before, but I always seem to forget how much I love it there. I got in on Friday and spent the day just hanging out with everyone and we watched a movie called violeteras, it was a cute classic spanish movie.

On sat we woke up early and spent the day in a pretty little beach town called Sitges and got all tan and took pretty pictures.It was a nice switch from the cold, rainy weather here in London.

Unfortunately the trip was too short to do any of the touristy stuff, but its no big deal cuz ive done it already and it gives me an excuse to go back again :-)

When I came back to London, I was thrown into class work and had very little time to do much of anything. But it was nice because at least it was warmer than when i left. In fact, London is experiencing a heat wave and Wednesday was the hottest day since 1914 hitting 97/98 F. It was wonderful! :-)

But yesterday today was fun! We went on a class trip to Brighton - its a suburb of London where all the rich folks vacation. They say its like atlantic city but its not (even though I've never been to atlantic city i knoooow its not the same). It was a tiny town, with a beach of rocks, not sand, and a short pier with an arcade and about 4 rides. Other than that there was the Rayol Pavillion and a design museum. The pavillion was a really pretty,extremely lavish house built for one of the Henry's. The museum failed - it was small and had nothing of signifacance in it - mainly portaits of people that no one knows. Wierd. But we did spend a good amount of time enjoying the sun on the pier and the rocks, so it was a nice relaxing trip out of the city for a bit.

Ok well I was told to keep it short so I think I'm going to get some more work done!

Hope everyone is enjoying thier summer!

Luv ya!

No comments: