Wednesday, July 06, 2005

camp and other life stuff

Blah, I am EXAUSTED. My last two days have been everlasting. I am in Hartford, CT working at this EFS, Inc. Dream Camp as a counselor for the 7 & 8 year olds. Tuesday started at 7:00 and went until 6 and then today started at 7:30 and went until 5:15 and then we had a team meeting from 6:30 until 8 and they have just been soo packed- there is NEVER down time; we are always running somewhere and doing something. I am sooo strung out, my voice is starting to go from projecting, and my head in pounding from the constant, inescapable, intense volume levels. Oh man, I NEVER imagined kids could be as difficult as some of the kids that I have - its incredible! I feel like just leaving and crying in a corner sometimes. And i know my other 2 counselors are there and they are awesome most of the time, but sometimes I feel like i am the ONLY one there with the kids. I am extremly happy that i choose the 5 week program rather than the 10 Week prog b/c these 5 weeks are definately going to be enough; if i was doing 10 I would definately want to do sometihng drastic. :-/

Ok well that is the recap. Anything else of consequence that I remember I will add later.

Even though it is only 833 i think i am going to go to sleep soon. Haha...Oh man I miss the days when i could go to sleep at 4am and not have a care in the world.

Love love,
~*Marilys*~

No comments: